We want to give you the most important tips for car renting to help you get the best car rental experience and keep your peace of mind during the vacation and not to worry about anything just relax. If you follow the tips you can save some money, avoid hidden fees and extra charges.
Here are the 7 most important things:
- First of all the size of the car. Makes sure the car is big enough for you and your family. If you travel alone probably a small car will be enough but if you rent a small size car like a Mini or Smart you will not be able to put your suitcase in the trunk. Be aware most of the hybrid cars has small trunk because the battery takes huge space so if you are traveling with your family maybe a hybrid is not the best choice even though it’s a big sedan like a Toyota Camry or a Nissan Altima.
- Insurance. Before you book a car look up your insurance most of the times insurances cover car rentals too, even if it’s a peer to peer rental. Call your agent and make sure about it. You can save a lot on insurance.
- Car condition. Document the condition of the vehicle, take pictures! If something is not good with the car it’s better to swap it before you start your trip a bad car can mess up the entire vacation. Always check the condition of the tires when you pick up the vehicle. You don’t want to get a flat tire on your trip and look for a tire shop or call roadside assistant.
- Miles. Avoid extra charges after the return. Try to plan your trip make sure the included miles cover your entire trip or if you have option pay some extra for unlimited miles. Worth the peace of mind.
- Cleaning. Make sure you check the cleanliness guideline of the company and return the car in good condition. Usually they want the car back in similar condition and they allow you to leave some sand in the car. Better to ask recommendation of a cheap car wash nearby if you are not familiar in the area.
- Fueling. Usually you have to bring the car back with full tank of gas or same full level as when you got it. Car rental companies always document the level of the fuel so don’t try to trick them. If it’s not the same you will be charged.
- Chargers phone mounts and holders. If you renting a car in an unknown city don’t forget to take a charger with you and maybe a phone holder. Usually rental car companies don’t include these in rental cars. You don’t want to waste your time and money to find and buy the accessories. Use your phone properly to avoid accidents. Sometimes you can pay some extra and enjoy this features in the car it’s cheaper than pay violations for improper phone using.